Climate-Neutral Aviation: how will it affect communities, companies, citizens?
01.03.2023, 17h15 – 19h15
E4S researchers Sascha Nick and Philippe Thalmann will present their proposed trajectory for aviation to reduce its CO2 emissions by 90% by 2050. To make emitters pay for the carbon removal, implementation is based on a proposed international governance mechanism and a negative emissions fund for airlines (NEFA). Another objective is to gather around the table different actors related to the aviation sector in the form of a panel but also to allow the audience to actively participate in a workshop.
Discover the detailed program below and register to join us!
- 17:15-17:25: Welcome
- 17:25-17:45: Presentation of Sascha Nick and Philippe Thalmann’s paper: Towards True Climate Neutrality for Global Aviation: A Negative Emissions Fund for Airlines
- 17:45-18:35: Panel discussion
- Philippe Thalmann (Professor, EPFL-LEURE)
- Paul Steele (Former SVP External Relations, IATA and Executive Director, Air Transport Action Group (ATAG))
- Sascha Hardegger (Chief Commercial Officer, Dufour Aerospace)
- Carla Schmid (SMT Master Student, UNIL-HEC, IMD, EPFL)
- Moderation : Charmilie Nault (Project Manager, Climact)
- 18:35-19:10: Participatory workshop
- 19:15-20:00: Cocktail
Where? EPFL Campus, Auditorium CO2