In coordination with other initiatives and in support of the respective entrepreneurship strategies at UNIL-HEC, EPFL and IMD, E4S will strengthen the Lemanic start-up and innovation ecosystem, and feed the entrepreneurship and innovation tracks in existing and new teaching curricula.
In order to attain these objectives, we are currently exploring these directions:
- Exploration of unused technologies: Exploring the many technologies that have been developed at EPFL or UNIL/CHUV, but that scientists do not wish to pursue through a start-up.
- Acceleration program: To feed and sustain a vibrant acceleration program, which exists on a low scale at EPFL and UNIL, but not at IMD.
- Scale-up process: A process involving coaching (professors/corporate connections), networks and links to corporates/alumni, access to top talent on campus (masters/MBAs/PhDs students in particular), links to investors and significant sources of financing, links to specific markets through the connections of the three schools.
- Innovation outreach: The joint physical space used for acceleration and scale-up could be used to invite executives to immerse themselves in an innovation ecosystem. A program of “Entrepreneurs in Residence,” with a strong selection process, could also be created, which would benefit both the executives chosen and the start-ups in the ecosystem.
- Corporate-startup-NGO mixer: Identify the synergies between these firm structures that could help them harness the power of new technologies to boost sustainable innovation.